Permitting & Finance Feingold | Bonnet-Hebert, P.C. has extensive
expertise in the area of development, permitting, and finance. Below
are some of the projects we have worked on with regards to
development and/or permitting.
We have assisted in numerous projects, including:
- The acquisition and development of the120,000 square foot former Compass Bank Headquarters (now known as the DeMello International Center) on Union Street, New Bedford, MA
We provided all of the legal work, including site acquisition, permitting, tax incentive financing, and negotiation of the agreements with the construction manager, architect, and design and furnishing teams. The project included negotiating to have the Police Headquarters demolished and relocated, to a transfer of a building to the City and to sell a building to the Whaling Museum.
- Dartmouth Mall
Our firm has represented the owners of the enclosed Dartmouth Mall for over 35 years.
- BayCoast Bank branch at 25 Elm Street, New Bedford, MA (the former Standard-Times Building)
Our firm has assisted BayCoast Bank in drafting and negotiating its initial long term lease of this site, includingthe permitting and navigating the Planning Board approval process after a comprehensive site plan review. Later, we negotiated a pre-listing purchase acquisition of this site and assisted in forming the necessary entities to qualify this deal as an Opportunity Zone project.
- Macy’s at the Dartmouth Mall, Dartmouth, MA (143,043 sf)
We assisted with zoning issues for this project.
- Former Swansea Mall
We assisted the former Swansea Mall facility in obtaining permits for its sewer treatment facility. These permits were necessary to facilitate the opening of Macy’s on the premises.
- Marriott Residence Inn on Faunce Corner Road, Dartmouth, MA
We assisted with the permitting for the construction of this Inn.
- Citizens-Union Savings Bank branch (now BayCoast Bank) on Ashley Boulevard, New Bedford, MA
We located the site, negotiated its acquisition, and were responsible for permitting, obtaining a zoning variance, and obtaining site plan review.
- BayCoast Bank branch located at 299 State Road, Dartmouth, MA.
We located and negotiated site acquisition, negotiated and documented the long-term lease, and were responsible for permitting, obtaining permissions from the state highways department and obtaining a permit from the Planning Board after comprehensive site plan review.
- BayCoast Bank branch at 718 Dartmouth Street, Dartmouth, MA
We assisted with lease negotiations, permitting and site plan review.
- 99 Restaurant on Faunce Corner Road, Dartmouth, MA (14,520 sf)
We assisted with the site plan review process.
- Comfort Inn on Faunce Corner Road, Dartmouth, MA (33,930 sf)
We assisted with the all permitting for the Inn.
- Compass Bank (now Sovereign) branch at the intersection of Rockdale Avenue and Allen Street, New Bedford, MA (3,600 sf)
We assisted with the acquisition and permitting.
- Natco Corp. in the New Bedford Business Park on Samuel Barnett Boulevard, New Bedford, MA
We assisted with site acquisition, permitting, and contractor agreements.
- Swansea Crossing, Swansea, MA (strip mall)
We assisted in site acquisition, permitting, and leasing.